Job title: (Junior) Scientist
Location: Mercator III (Toernooiveld 1), Nijmegen
Job type: 32-40 hours
Tagworks Pharmaceuticals is looking for a motivated biochemist or biotechnologist (HBO/BSc/MSc) to join our research team in Nijmegen. The focus of the position is to develop and validate new activatable protein conjugates with the aim to develop more effective cancer treatments. You will contribute to new treatment modalities from Tagworks’ proprietary Click-to-Release platform, which is centered on the bioorthogonal cleavage reaction between trans-cyclooctene and tetrazine derivatives.
- You have a degree in biochemistry or a related life science area in which biochemistry is a focus (HBO/BSc/MSc)
- You have hands-on experience with bioconjugations (e.g. protein/peptide functionalization with various tags), purification (centrifugation, dialysis, size exclusion, chromatography, etc) and characterization of biomolecules (e.g. by spectroscopy, SDS-PAGE, HPLC, etc.)
- You are familiar with bio-assays for in vitro/in vivo testing of biomolecules (e.g. western blotting, immunoprecipitation, ELISAs, etc)
- You have working proficiency in English: written and oral
- You have a collaborative spirit and strong communication skills
This vacancy is limited to European Union residents
- Functionalization, purification and characterization of new biomolecules
- Assay development for in vitro/in vivo testing of new biomolecules
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Contribute to patent and publication preparation
A challenging position at a biotech company that is translating in vivo chemistry to the clinic to improve cancer therapy. You will join a multidisciplinary and enthusiastic team and an informal working culture. A challenging and independent position with plenty of room for your own ideas. We are a young company, and your work will shape Tagworks’ pipeline and help the company grow.
Tagworks is focused on revolutionizing cancer therapies by in vivo chemical manipulation of the therapeutic window across a range of treatment modalities such as antibody drug conjugates (Nature Comm., 9.1 (2018): 1-11) and targeted radiotherapy.The Tagworks technology is based on the proprietary Click-to-Release reaction, which is so far the only bioorthogonal cleavage reaction with clinical potential. For more about Tagworks, visit our website: https://www.tagworkspharma.com/
To apply (with CV and cover letter) for or to inquire about the position, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org before December 31st 2021.